A restaurant is a very different workplace than an office and as such, it has many unique risks that may not be covered under a standard business insurance policy. While some of these common coverages are necessary for restaurants as well, more specialized restaurant insurance is often needed to cover the ins and outs of the business. Restaurant insurance may include the following coverages:
· Property: Covers the building, furniture, kitchen equipment and other contents from damage, destruction and theft.
· General liability: Protects patrons who suffer bodily injury or property damage while on restaurant property or as a direct result of your services or staff.
· Liquor liability: Protects you against damages caused by intoxicated patrons, whether they destroy restaurant property, leave the premises and cause a car wreck or anything in between.
· Food contamination: Protects you against the expensive consequences and possible legal fees if the food your restaurant serves gets a patron sick.
· Auto/valet liability: Protects you against the expense of any damages that come to patrons’ cars while temporarily in valet possession.
· Hired/non-owned vehicle liability: Covers employee-owned vehicles while being used for business tasks, such as making deliveries or catering.
· Assault and battery: Covers the expense of damages, injuries and legal fees that occur if a patron or employee—whether drunk or sober—starts a fight on the premises.
We’ll help you find a specialized policy. Call Corbett & Associates Insurance Agency at (805) 496-1424 for more information on Thousand Oaks restaurant insurance.