When working with your independent insurance agent to build your car insurance policy, there are a number of provisions you can add that are beyond what’s required by law. If you have a newer car that you are still paying for, some of these provisions may be mandatory clauses in your contract and must be maintained as a requirement from your lender. Your agent should be able to inform you of what’s needed and what isn’t.
Beyond a standard auto insurance policy, there are a number of added protections that can give you peace of mind for your investment. Some of these include the following:
- Collision: Collision coverage can help repair your car in the event of damage from an accident. Depending on the damage, your car may have to be replaced. In that case, this protection can contribute to the replacement of the vehicle.
- Comprehensive: Comprehensive insurance covers those other types of damages that may leave your car inoperable or needing repairs, like vandalism, theft, natural disasters and other disturbances.
- Rental reimbursement: This is a protection that works when your car can not be driven due to an accident or needing repairs. An added insurance protection, this has helped many individuals remain mobile while their car is out of commission.
- Roadside assistance: There’s nothing worse than not being able to call someone or get the help you need while stranded on the side of the road. Roadside assistance coverage helps fund towing to a repair shop, retrieving your keys, replacing your battery and all those other things you don’t think about when driving.
- Accessories: Depending on the structure of your policy, if you have a number of enhancements or accessories on your vehicle, you may be able to get a comprehensive policy that encompasses replacement for those accessories.
These are just a few additions you can add to your auto insurance policy that are not usually required by law, but can offer the most protection. It’s best to work with your agent to determine what you need and build a policy that meets your needs and budget.
Learn more about the right coverage options for you. Call Corbett & Associates Insurance Agency at (805) 496-1424 for more information on Ventura auto insurance.